"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24





Sunday, October 23, 2011

What About You?

As I was talking to my dad the other day I was reminded of a saying that goes something like "God does not call the equipped but equips the called." And, oh how true that rings for me.

The Lord has called me to blog; I am enjoying it immensely! But I was not "equipped" to start a blog. I have a very limited knowledge of computers. Yes, I made my own Facebook and can navigate the site fairly well. I can Google things and find the answers I am seeking. I can navigate websites. But when you start talking computer-eze, I am completely lost!! When I started this blog I could not even begin to tell you what an RSS feed was, much less how to change a widget, or what a widget even was!

But how true the saying goes about "equipping the called." For He truly is equipping me with knowledge on how to blog, run a blog and I even installed an RSS feed with the help from a friend. I have learned how to do these things, even forged ahead hoping I didn't crash the blog completely and knowing that IF I did, I had wonderful friends who would know how to fix it!

And when we mess up, God is there for us.

So it brings me to the question I want to ask you: what has God called you to do that you feel you are unprepared for, unequipped, feel you might fail miserably, to do? I would like to challenge you to re-examine what God has called you to do. And whether it is something small that might seem insignificant if you do or don't do it (but we both know that nothing we do for the Lord is insignificant, right?) or something even bigger and scarier.

I want to encourage you today that if God has called you to do something, and you know that it was our dear Savior. He will equip you! For "God does not call the equipped but equips the called."

Be encouraged today dear friend, and know that you, through Christ Jesus can do all things.

Blessings,
Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment