"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24





Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting Started

Hello! Welcome to Mission: Re-Defining!

You're probably wondering, what does that mean? How is that something to blog about? I don't know all the particulars of it yet. But I do know it is something I am suppose to do.

Mission: Re-Defining's purpose is to help re-define how we look at ourselves, others, and to realize how the God of the Universe sees us. To not define something by the world's standard but by God's.

The idea for Mission: Re-Defining was inspired by a good friend of mine who told me about Operation Beautiful. As I was looking on the website I knew that I wanted to get involved. Operation Beautiful was created by Caitlin Boyles, when she wrote a post-it note telling herself she was beautiful. And I thought about how often we need to be reminded that we are worth something, that we are beautiful, smart, capable, etc. And thus the idea for this blog was birthed. Why couldn't I write words of encouragement along with scriptures on post-it notes and leave it where someone would see them? After words of encouragement from a friend, and prayer, I decided to start the blog you are now reading :)

My current mission is to purchase a good amount of post-it notes on Wednesday, and then write on them encouraging messages, and leave them on bathroom mirrors, books at the library, dressing rooms, or any place that people would see them!

I pray you will help me start re-defining how we look at ourselves, and together we can make a difference! Want to get involved? Here's a simple way you can:
  • Purchase Post-It Notes or use some you already own.
  • Write a short scripture or a word of encouragement on it.
  • Then put them where ever someone would see it.
Are you wondering what to write? Try one of these to get started:
  • You are beautiful!
  • You can do all things through Jesus!
  • The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart.
  • You are amazing!
  • You are more than all the negatives.
  • Instead of counting the can'ts, count the cans.
  • When you feel like giving up remember why you held on for so long in the first place.
  • You can make a difference!

Or if you have a suggestion, send me an email or leave a comment. I hope to hear from you!

Good luck, you CAN help re-define how others see themselves!

4 comments:

  1. FIRST!!!! Mwahah I beat the rush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is using you in big ways. I'm proud of you and I love you!
    -T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em', YOU make a difference! Allowing Jesus to shine through you draws people to Him. Kudos to you for stepping out and creatively finding ways to encourage someone else. ((hug)) -Alicia

    ReplyDelete